Style Napoleon III / Ref.12548
Pair of bronze cremone bolts signed "ST BRICARD", mid 19th century
Width: 8'' ⅝ 22cm
Height: 97'' ⅝ 248cm
This pair of bronze cremone bolts was made in the middle of the 19th century by the ST BRICARD company, as indicated by the inscription under the handle "ST BRICARD PARIS". The vegetal and floral decoration at the ends and at the level of the handles shows a very beautiful quality of chasing, to note an important patina.
Louis-Charles Sterling founded the Sterling hardware store in Paris in 1782. He takes Eugène Bricard as an apprentice in 1829. The house receives a first award at the Paris exhibition in 1834 and the following year Eugène Bricard acquires it and changes the name to "ST BRICARD". In the 1850s, the Bricard company became interested in decorative locksmithing, which until then had been the preserve of a few bronze artists, and began to collect pieces of old locksmithing that were to serve as models.
Recommended for you :